While Ni’ihau is still nicknamed the “Forbidden Island”
It is fortunate that this part of Kauai is now open and free to be toured and explored! With such beautiful sights and natural wonders that Ni’ihau has to offer, everyone just has to see and experience a scene so phenomenal! Seasport Divers in particular allows you to explore Ni’ihau’s underwater world, an awe-inspiring spectacle you would never want to miss when visiting Kauai. If you are a certified diver and are looking for such an experience, make sure to book Seasport Divers’ Dive Ni’ihau!
Seasport Divers’ Dive Ni’ihau is a full-day diving adventure exclusive for the experienced diver with proper certification. You read that right–this tour is an all-day activity that takes you to three top-rated diving sites in the area! A jam-packed day of sightseeing and exploring, indeed! For the first dive, participants start deep. Unless the weather and water conditions do not permit, the first stop is typically at Vertical Awareness, a popular spot with steep walls and where the endemic Hawaiian monk seals frequent. Reef fish, octopus, and lobsters may be chanced upon here, too! At a depth of around 100 feet of vast underwater scenery, this dive is truly a great way to kickstart this scuba diving adventure!
Get ready to see more sights and meet more sea creature friends in the next two stops! The second stop is Super Highways, another popular dive site in the area. Albeit less deep at around 60 to 80 feet, this prime dive location features a wide range of marine life such as eels, reef sharks and fish, and octopus, among many others! Divers who have gone to Super Highways did not only enjoy the animal encounter but also the rock formations down under. With the several caves and swim-thrus below, Super Highways is definitely an underwater playground!
The last stop takes a while to get to, but that’s just perfect, as this part of the cruise is allotted for your delicious lunch on-board! Seasport Divers’ Dive Ni’ihau is inclusive of a filling lunch freshly prepared by the captain, and which you will get to enjoy prior to your last dive for the day, either in Drive-Through Cave or Lehua Rock. A relaxed and shallow swim with a maximum depth of 50 feet, this last location is perfect to cap off your fun-filled day with Seasport Divers’ Dive Ni’ihau!
- An all-day three-tank dive in Ni’ihau
- Dives at three prime scuba diving locations in the area
- Diverse Hawaiian marine life – dolphins, monk seals, reef fish, sharks, and many more!
- Incredible underwater topography – caves, coral reefs, swim-thrus, walls, and other magnificent rock formations!
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and refreshments
- Three tanks, wetsuit, mask and fins, weights, and computer
- Nitrox, BCD, and regulator are also available on-board but for a minimal fee
- The company of a PADI, SSI, or NAUI diving instructor
- A comprehensive instructional briefing with familiarization of Kauai marine life
- A boat ride on the Anela Kai, a custom PRO48 US Coast Guard-certified dive boat equipped with hot showers, cabin, and observation deck
- Check in at Seasport Divers, located at 2827 Poipu Road, Koloa, HI 96756.
- Check-in time is at 6:00 AM.
- Participants must be certified divers and must have completed at least 30 dives prior to participation in the tour. Certification cards must be presented upon check-in.
- A medical questionnaire must be filled out before the tour. If the responses show that the participant is not entirely fit to join, a doctor’s clearance will be required to be able to participate.
- Operation days are on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Tour lasts for around 11 to 12 hours. The boat will return to Seasports Divers at around 6:00 PM.
- The Anela Kai can accommodate up to around 30 passengers, but for each tour, Seasports Divers limits the trip to only 12 divers.
- Seasport Divers’ Dive Ni’ihau is best booked from late spring through early autumn, where the weather and waters are calmer and more suitable for scuba diving.