Are you looking for marine life sightseeing adventures, without getting soaked? Holo Holo, Kauai’s largest vessel, heard you. This 65-foot long and 24-foot wide power catamaran is agile and stable to make a sudden swift at maximum speed for your optimum pleasure and enjoyment. With the Na Pali Sunset Cruise, you have 360-degree views of the Napali coast with the 4,000-foot cliffs in the background. To complement your adventure, the vessel gets you to the so-called “forbidden island”, Niihau. In 1952, there was a polio epidemic in the Hawaiian Islands, and Niihau became known as such because you needed a doctor’s note to visit to prevent the spread of polio.
To ensure whale watching, the expert Captain finds you a perfect spot to get closer to these massive, beautiful mammals. And at the same time, the attentive and friendly crew ensures you get everything you need. While spoiling your eyes to these unimaginable beauties, indulge in a delightful meal, including appetizers, main course, desserts and beverages. Highlighting your 2-hour escapade is a sunset gazing, where you get to see hues of reds and oranges across the sky – one of the most beautiful things on earth. So reserve your tickets now because they sell too fast!
What to Expect Onboard Holo Holo’s Napali Sunset Cruise?
Check-in at 2:00 pm at Port Allen, where the boat departs (departure time varies). Before boarding, you need to remove your footwear as this is a barefoot cruise. As soon as you step on the vessel, the crew welcomes you with a warm smile. When you look around Holo Holo, you see a shaded cabin that features a bar and seats at two large tables. Plus additional benches if you wish to get away from the others and just savor the moment. It is spacious that lessens overcrowding and provides comfort throughout the cruise. In fact, the coast guard certified capacity of 69 passengers, but the boat only accommodates up to 49.
Find your spot and prepare for a 3 and a half-hour one-of-a-kind thrilling experience. We recommend the bow if you want a more exciting ride. You even get wet sometimes with splashes of the water, especially when the vessel gets faster. But don’t worry, Holo Holo was designed for this kind of adventure on Kauai waters. Its custom-built eliminates side-to-side rolling motion by slicing through the water, minimizing seasickness. However, over-the-counter pills are still helpful before going on a cruise if you’re prone to it. On the other hand, the stern (with comfortable benches) gives you unrestricted views of the coastline.
Once you’re settled, the crew discusses some safety measures, and you are on your way in no time. Make sure to prepare your camera because ahead are majestic views that are about to unfold. While sailing, help yourself with the appetizers. You can munch on crackers served with cheese. Try their cold cut meats and veggie crudité, too. They’re superb! You can also order drinks, including island juices, beer, mai tais and champagne, in addition to soda and water to get this event started.
As you tour along, watch the afternoon sunlight illuminates on the 4,000-foot cliffs. Many photographers would wish to capture this moment for its unique beauty. Here’s a fun fact for you: did you know that Na Pali is known as the Jewel of Hawaii? And you will find out why as you sail towards the flowing waterfalls, sea caves, secluded beaches, and towering cliffs. From your boat, you can witness all of these, right before your eyes, while sipping an island-style cocktail.
Before your dinner, the Captain finds the best spot where marine mammals usually hang out to give you more chances to watch them. At the same time, together with his crew, they tell stories about Hawaii and some fun legends about the island. Some guests had the luck to have a glimpse of whale breaches, while others were able to capture snapshots of sea turtles. So if you get lucky, you might see one of them, too. And as the tropical sunset takes over the Hawaiian skies, hot buffet dinner is served. But before that, a champagne toast happens as a celebration to the sunset and this adventure.
- See the Na Pali Coast with 4,000-foot cliffs backdrop
- Chance to see marine lives including humpback whales and sea turtles
- Hot buffet dinner with refreshing island-style beverages
- Watch the sunset illuminates hues of oranges and red to the clear Kauai waters
- Sunset champagne toast
- Appetizer: Meat, Cheese served with Cracker Platter, Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Dinner: Fresh pineapple, Cold Japanese Noodle Salad, Locally-grown greens accompanied with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette, Hapa Rice, Teriyaki Chicken, Kalua Pork and Cabbage, Tofu and Stir-fried Vegetables, Local Poi
- Dessert: Pineapple Cake topped with Haupia
- Beverages: Wine, Beer, Ginger Spritzer Mai Tai, Champagne, Water, Variety of Soft Drinks and Island Juices
Know Before Booking:
- Check-in time: No parking at harbor or pier, instead use the Holo Holo parking lot only.
- Oct-Jan: Check in at 2:00 pm and return at 5:30 pm
- Feb-March: Check in at 2:30 pm and return at 6:00 pm
- Apr-Aug: Check in at 3:00 pm and return at 6:30 pm
- Sept: Check in at 2:30pm and return at 6:00 pm
*Departs from Port Allen Harbor
- Important Reminders:
- Not suitable for physically-challenged individuals and pregnant women.
- Not recommended for persons who have a history of back problems, recent injuries or surgeries.
- No children below five years old are not allowed.
- Individuals suffering from motion sickness should take some precautions.
- All tour routes are subject to change due to weather changes.
- Smoking is prohibited in the dock and vessel.
- Drones and unmanned aircraft are prohibited in this cruise.
- This is a barefoot cruise, so you need to remove all footwear prior to boarding.
- You are responsible for the cost if you may happen to flush something that clogs the toilets other than what your body produces and the tissue paper they provide.