Did you know that there are hidden unique twin islands offshore at one of the world’s most beautiful beaches - Lanikai Beach?
You will witness all of these unimaginable views, beautiful scenes, and many more with Mokulua Island Tour, offered by TwoGood Kayaks Hawaii. This 5-hour guided tour is led by a naturalist and expert paddler, who takes you to the island through kayaking while ensuring your safety. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, this is a must-try adventure, as well as a perfect way to explore the island.
After a short briefing on safety and basic instructions on kayaking, you will start your adventure at the Kailua Beach, and paddle towards your destination that is 45 minutes to one hour paddle away. Along the way, you will encounter one of the most special residents in the area – the Hawaiian green sea turtles, also known as “Honu.” You will also listen to some interesting facts about the Hawaiian history, marine life, and other geological formations on the island from your knowledgeable guide throughout the tour.
When you arrive at Mokulua Island, you will land with your safe and stable sit-on-top kayak on the picture perfect Moku Nui for your activities. You can simply relax if you want to savor the peaceful moment while watching the stunning coastal views in front of you. Or maybe swim in its soft, white sandy beach if you feel like getting soaked. If you want to explore further, follow the shoreline to the right, which is the harder route or to the left that is the easier way, to reach a dramatic cliff-backed cove with a U-shaped inlet on the back part of the island. Looking down at its crystal clear blue waters, you can’t just resist jumping right on. You can also snorkel to watch sea turtles and a variety of colorful fish. When you go for a short hike (20-25 minutes), you will discover a hidden gem – the Queen’s Bath, a natural tide pool.
Right on this beautiful island, you will eat your picnic-style lunch with the group. After then, you will paddle and stop by another spectacular beach for some more snorkeling before you paddle again and head back to Kailua Beach.
- Guided 45 minutes to an hour of kayaking tour with a lifeguard-certified and expert paddler tour guide to Moku Nui Island
- See a natural tide pool
- Visit a hidden cove
- Relax on a white sandy beach
- Snorkel in crystal clear waters
- Chance to see a variety of marine life, including tropical fish, Hawaiian monk seals, and turtles
- Kayak and tour guide
- Life jacket, dry bag, seatbacks
- Snorkeling gear (snorkel, mask and fins)
- Picnic-style lunch (French-style sub sandwich, chips and a drink)
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki
- Pick-up time: 7:45 am to 8:15 am from Monday to Friday and 7:15 am to 7:45 am on Saturday
Check-in time: 8:15 am (130 Kailua Road, Kailua Beach Adventures Beachside Center)
Return to Waikiki: Around 4:00 pm
- Operations: Monday to Saturday
- Duration: 5 hours