West Side Snorkel Discovery
2.5 – 3 hours • Ages 5+
$85 Adults (9+ years old)
$85 Children (5-8 years old)
$676 Private Tours
Sumer and Fall
Scroll down for winter description
Kayak, snorkel and discover the wild sea turtles on this 3 hour, 2 snorkel stop introductory adventure at Olowalu in West Maui or Makena in South Maui.
- At both locations you’ll enjoy small groups while snorkeling in crystal clear waters that are almost 80 degrees, all set against the backdrop of the stunning West Maui mountains and Haleakala. 3 hours to remember.
- Ask around, and you’ll find that our Discovery tour is one of the few must-do activities on the island. It will leave you with lasting memories of Maui fun and adventure. The Discovery Maui kayaking tour was chosen as a 2006/2007 Family Travel Favorite by WeJustGotBack.com and was featured on MSNBC as a result.
- At the end of the Discovery tour, enjoy some wonderful shoreline snacks and beverages!
We always recommend that “big eaters” pack some additional rations if they are so inclined. Additionally, all guests should bring a bottle of water for themselves, as hydration is a critical element to a fun day here on Maui.
2.5 – 3 Hours
Families will love it!
- As long as your kids are aged 5 or above you can bring them along to participate in all the fun! By the same token however, don’t make the mistake of thinking this is a just a kiddie trip.
- The trip is primarily designed for adults as a first time, or simply more laid back style, kayak snorkel combination adventure. The whole family is able to come as we have kayaks that can hold 1, 2 or even 3 people if the 3rd person is a child seated between adults.
Snorkel with loads of wild marine life.
- On the Discovery we will see tons of turtles, beautiful tropical fish in a stunning array of colors, perhaps some dolphins and in the Winter we’re also joined by the Humpback Whales down from Alaska.
- All of the underwater life is framed by beautiful, calm and warm indigo waters that surround the Hawaiian Islands, and are particularly lovely in the Ukumehame and Makena regions where the Discovery tours takes place.
Our guides are the best!
- Our small staff of guides carries years of experience and they are the best in the business, bar none. They’ll give you instruction on correct paddling and snorkeling techniques and be right in the water alongside you all day.
Throughout your time with us, they’ll regail you with stories, legends and local knowledge all delivered with the charm, energy and charisma that only our staff offers.
- This is their full time job and many of our guests come back each year from places as far away as Japan and England just to get in the water with our guides again.
Don’t miss the best of Maui!
- Come see what all the talk is about. Let us show you that service is the difference.
We guarantee that kayaking and snorkeling with Maui Eco Tours will be one of, if not the one single best highlight of your entire Hawaiian vacation.
Come kayak and watch up close as the Humpback Whales play, breach and give birth to their calves in the warm Hawaiian waters.
- We get up close, observe the whales and also enjoy a wonderful snorkeling location, all in a fun packed 3 hour kayak snorkel adventure.
- Each Winter the majestic whales travel thousands of miles from the Alaskan coastline and bask in the warmth of the Hawaiian waters and we are lucky enough to have a front row seat!
- The tour runs from December 26th to March 31st, every single year. Trips before and after the season dates can be requested.
- Every single day we depart from either Makena or Olowalu and go check out the Whales up close and personal!
A fantastic & fun paddle.
- Being a longer tour and featuring more paddling distance than most of our other offerings, we do limit the Whales tour to those aged 5 and over only.
- Our Whales tour checks in at 7:00am and usually wraps up around 10:15am.
- Over the course of roughly 3 hours we’ll travel all over the Bay looking for Whales to get up close with.
- All of this fun is in a setting of privacy that you only get with Maui Eco Tours kayak snorkel excursions.
Experience counts when looking for Whales.
- Our full time guides will get you closer to the action than any other type of tour on the water.
- Getting out and getting close to the whales involves experience with the conditions and tendencies of the whales. – – Trust our guides to get you the best experience.
- Furthermore, only our staff will get right in the water and show you all of the underwater spectacles themselves. – – – They anchor the boats, gear you up, point out marine life and regail you with fun stories, tales of yesteryear and – – – Hawaiian legend all through the tour.
- Service is the difference and we pride ourselves on our reputation for personal attention and first class service.
Do tread lightly please.
- Sure you could jump on a big gas guzzling whale watching boat, but why? We’ll get closer to the humpback whales and we’ll do it in a completely environmentally friendly way.
- Our kayaks are a zero emissions way to see nature and more importantly they don’t disturb the marine life or their environment. Even better, our kayaks allow us to access some unique spots that you normally can’t get to.
- Let us show you the whales like you’ve never dreamed of!
Tiki Team Adventures provides marketing sales & support for a number of excellent different activity companies identified below.