This is a hitting-two-birds-with-one-stone kind of tour package.
Three birds, actually, if you count the fact that you get to indirectly donate to a local non-profit organization called Kama’aina Kids! Kama’aina Kayak and Snorkel Eco-Ventures is a tour operator that lets guests have an exceptional sightseeing experience both above and below the waters, an insightful educational briefing about Kaneohe Bay and its surrounding areas and marine life, and an opportunity to help Kama’aina Kids, to whom proceeds go for every booking! Come do these all with the Guided Kayak and Snorkel Educational Adventure!
Guided Kayak and Snorkel Educational Adventure is one of Kama’aina Kayak and Snorkel Eco-Ventures’ top-rated activities. It kicks off with an educational briefing on Kaneohe Bay and its beautiful underwater life, which will definitely excite you all the more. The well-experienced crew will also be giving a safety briefing, so that your comfort and safety are guaranteed, too! With Kama’aina Kayak and Snorkel Eco-Ventures, your safety, security, and utmost enjoyment are top priority.
oOnce the boat docks, you will have a fun guided kayak tour to Horseshoe Reef, an area with parts of shallow waters and a breathtaking patch reef. This stretch of reef drops off to deeper waters, where snorkelers will have a great time exploring! Here, prepare to see healthy coral reefs and a wide range of marine life including Hawaiian green sea turtles, tropical reef fish, and many others. As this is an eco-adventure, it goes without saying that an ecology briefing forms part of this tour, too! To ensure that Kaneohe Bay’s precious sea creatures similarly enjoy your visit, this ecology and ocean preservation briefing is an essential and insightful portion of Kama’aina Kayak and Snorkel Eco-Ventures’ Guided Kayak and Snorkel Educational Adventure.
Going on this adventure and sightseeing trip is just so spectacular and remarkable that, in fact, the views are so great that it has been featured in many films and shows shot in Oahu, like the popular television series Gilligan’s Island! He’eia State Park offers an equally beautiful sight, too, which you will get to also catch sight of during the paddle.
Perfect for families and travelers of all ages, Kama’aina Kayak and Snorkel Eco-Ventures’ Guided Kayak and Snorkel Educational Adventure is a must-try when travelling to Oahu. What are you waiting for? Go and book your slot now!
- Prior to going into sea, an educational briefing on Kaneohe Bay and its diverse marine life, as well as a safety briefing and paddling instruction on land
- A guided kayak tour to the snorkeling site
- A safety and ecology briefing at the snorkeling site
- A sightseeing experience featuring the amazing underwater topography at Horseshoe Reef and other nearby areas
- An animal encounter with green sea turtles, tropical reef fish, among others
- A downwind paddle back to He’eia State Park
Kama’aina Kayak and Snorkel Eco-Ventures’ Guided Kayak and Snorkel Educational Adventure is inclusive of the following:
- A roundtrip transportation from Waikiki
- Kayak, safety, and snorkel gear and implements
- An escort safety boat that comes with a professionally certified kayak guide
- Freshwater showers
- Changing rooms
- A delicious Hawaiian barbecue lunch *
- Snacks, drinks, and other light refreshments
* Vegetarian options are also available, but upon prior notice.
- Choose from the following tour times:
- 9:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- The following are the requirements and restrictions in joining this tour:
- All participants must at least be 5 years old.
- All participants must be able to fit into at least a 30-50 pound life jacket.
- This tour operates from Mondays to Saturdays.
- Tour duration is 4 hours. Approximately three hours will be spent in water, and an hour will be allotted for the inclusive lunch.
Note that 100% of the proceeds from this tour benefit Kama’aina Kids and the preservation and beautification of He’eia State Park. In 2010, Kama’aina Kids was granted a 25-year lease in He’eia State Park, an 18-acre peninsula on Kaneohe Bay. In turn, this tour operator was initiated to operate through the state park, while offering fun educational eco-adventures such as the Guided Kayak and Snorkel Educational Adventure.
You may check out our Oahu Tours here: Oahu Tours | Cheap Hawaiian Activities