This is the perfect kayak tour for athletic or experienced kayakers!
You’ll get to see all of what Kailua Bay has to offer, including the Mokulua Islands and Lanikai’s beautiful white-sand beach. Prior to heading out, you’ll be given a briefing of the area and some basic instruction on kayaking.
From Kailua Beach, your tour group will paddle to the Mokulua Islands, the famed Twin Islands, which are about an hour paddle away, one-way. As you come closer to Moku Nui (Larger Mokulua), a protected seabird sanctuary, you will likely encounter “honu” or the Hawaiian green sea turtle as you pass through their natural feeding grounds.
Upon landing on the island’s beach, embark on an eco-tour and tide-pool hike to Queen’s Bath. You may see rock crabs, rainbow runners and a variety of endemic marine life in the hidden tide-pools. After your island exploration, you’ll paddle to Lanikai Beach where you’ll be served a delicious picnic lunch. There will also be time for swimming and snorkeling in the turquoise waters. You’ll arrive back at the check-in location around 2:30 pm, where you can use the shower facilities and change into some dry clothing.
- Guided kayak tour from Kailua Beach to the Mokulua Islands
- Eco-tour and tide-pool hike to Queen’s Bath on island’s deserted beach
- Paddle to Lanikai Beach and enjoy snorkeling, swimming, kayak surfing and a picnic lunch
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki
- All kayak, snorkel and safety gear, including life jackets, dry bags and island landing permits
- Use of secure lockers for your valuables
- Delicious lunch
Lunch Menu: Deli sandwich, complete with drinks and healthy snacks. Vegetarian, vegan and other dietary restrictions will be accommodated if requested at time of booking.