Perhaps one of the most popular surfer slang expressions,“hang loose” is a friendly phrase that means to be relaxed and stay cool.
This morning excursion kicks off with a delightful sightseeing cruise along the beautiful Kona Coast. As you and your tour group will be using a well-built 37-foot catamaran with enough room and comfortable seats, this scenic ride is going to be truly a calming and pleasurable one—a feast to your eyes and a treat to the senses. To complete the experience are the fascinating stories about Hawaii’s culture, history, and marine world the expert staff and crew are going to share with you along the way. No doubt, this is the best way to hype you up for the adventure that awaits!
Of course, the views below the water’s surface are absolutely awesome, too! Once your vessel has arrived at your tour’s designated prime snorkel location, it’s time to explore what extraordinary charm and wonder Big Island, Hawaii has to offer down under! Watch as wild dolphins and many other marine organisms swim freely above majestic coral reefs and enjoy themselves in their natural habitat.
This is guaranteed the best three hours of your Big Island getaway. Come and join Hang Loose Boat Tours’ Wild Dolphin Watch & Snorkel now!
- Go on a relaxing sightseeing cruise along the scenic Kona Coast
- Snorkel under Kona’s crystal clear waters, where you will get to see coral reefs, formations, and many other stunning underwater features
- Get an up close encounter with Hawaii’s abundant marine life, from wild dolphins, green sea turtles, tropical reef fish, and even whales, if you are travelling during the whale season
- Learn Hawaii’s fascinating history, culture, and folklore as shared by Hang Loose’s expert on-board crew
Hang Loose Boat Tours’ Wild Dolphin Watch & Snorkel is inclusive of the following:
- High quality flotation devices and snorkeling equipment (snorkel, fins, mask; prescription masks are available as well upon request) *
- Light refreshments (granola bars, chips, fruit juices, ginger ale, and water)
* A disposable underwater camera is also available but for purchase at $15. Price is subject to change without prior notice.
- Check-in time is 8:00 AM. Make sure to check in early as the tour will depart promptly at 8:30 AM.
- Check in at Honokohau Marina – North Boat Ramp, located at 74-425 Kealakehe Pkwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. Look for the Hang Loose sign/boat for check-in.
- The following are the requirements and restrictions to join this tour:
- Children must at least be 2 years old to join.
- Maximum age is 65 years old. Guests who are older may still join, provided that Hang Loose Boat Tours gives its approval prior to participation. Kindly communicate with the staff before making your reservation.
- Guests must be in good health, be able to climb a short ladder, and are comfortable swimming in open waters (for snorkelers).
- This tour is not recommended for those with back or neck problems, those who have had recent serious injuries and surgeries, and those with heart problems and other serious medical conditions.
- Pregnant women are also discouraged from joining.
- Tour schedule is subject to change, depending on the water and weather conditions on your tour day.
- This tour operates daily, except on certain days and holidays (like the Ironman Championship).
- Tour duration is approximately 3 hours. Tour is set to return to Honokohau Harbor at around 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- This tour can accommodate up to 24 passengers. However, Hang Loose Boat Tours reserves the right to change the tour capacity in light of the COVID-19 safety protocols in place during your scheduled tour.