2 Hours • Ages 8+ • *Hawaii State/School ID Required
Health & Safety
All bookings are now exclusive surf classes per family, per class time and shall not be combined with any other persons.
All persons entering office for check in must wear a protective face mask upon entrance. Hand sanitizer shall be provided.
Classroom tutorial shall be for surf students only (1 guardian may accompany minors) and is now taught in a condensed format of 15 minutes. All accompanying spectators (parents and family members) are asked to remain in waiting room.
Personal Items Storage: Due to CDC guidelines we encourage students to leave all personal belongings (towels, beach bags, shoes) in your personal vehicles.
HLSI will provide safe storage for your vehicle keys while at the beach park.
2 Hours Local VIP Group Surf Special
Extended water times and our lowest rate ever! Join us for surf school with your very own Hawaiian Lifeguard Surf Coach(es) for private groups of 2-4 persons
Our mahalo pricing for supporting local. 2:1 ratio of students per coach, lower age restriction and longer surf time.
Hawaii lifeguard Surf Instructors are fully trained and certified by the American Red Cross in Professional Lifeguarding, Ocean Rescue, CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Private Lifeguard Surf Coach(es)
- 15 minute classroom tutorial @ HLSI HQ
- Up to 2 Hours surf time @ Kahalu’u Bay
return surfers bypass classroom time
- Surf Board and Leash
- Rash Guard Shirt and Water Shoes Rental
THINGS TO BRING
- Sunscreen- reef safe please
- Swim Clothes (please arrive dressed in swim attire by check in time)
- Surf Shirt- free rental available
- Water Shoes- free rental available
- Hawaii State/School ID required to qualify for special pricing.
- Minimum 2, Max 4 persons per class time
- Ages 8+
- Maximum board weight capacity is 265 lbs.
Students above weight capacity please select: 1:1 PRIVATE SURF
- Students must be able to swim and participate in physical activity.
- Children should be comfortable in water and with their surf coach
- A Parent/Guardian must remain on location to accompany their minor children.
Ideal surf viewing area is available at Kahalu’u Beach Park for spectators to enjoy. Kahalu’u is also ideal for swimming, picnicking and snorkeling.
Safety & Health Disclosure: All Students must be able to swim, follow basic English instruction and participate in strenuous physical activity. Please disclose any major past injuries/ surgeries or medical illnesses. Parents/Guardians not surfing must remain on location to accompany their minor children. Those persons with any ailments are advised to please select a private surfing course so that our Lifeguards are able to best service your special needs.
Student(s) Transportation from Check In Location to Surfing Location is NOT provided by HLSI.