Top Pick for Romance
Ages 7+ • 2 Hours • Picnic Lunch Included
- Sweetheart Trail Ride Private ride with Lunch
- Monday through Saturday
- 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
- 2 hour experience includes safety briefing and mounting
What to Wear
- Long Pants
- Covered Shoes
Every date is better with horses
Sometimes the best way to get closer is to get away. There’s no better place to spend quality time together than Hawaii’s North Shore, and you haven’t seen the island until you’ve seen it by horseback, riding through the forest trails and overlooking the ocean.
This is a unique and unforgettable experience, far away from all the noise of the regular tourist spots. You’ll see a side of Oahu that many don’t know about and enjoy a private picnic together, complete with delicious sandwiches on fresh homemade bread, fruit, and a bottle of sparkling cider. The highlight of the ride is a sweeping panoramic view of the ocean from our lookout point, where you can take in the full scale and beauty of the island. (If you can take your eyes off each other, that is.)
If you are comfortable on horses and would like to add some advanced ride features, we can adjust the ride for you since it is a private party.
Please check in 30 minutes before your rides start time. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.
Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.
General Rules, Rescheduling, and Cancellation
- A liability waiver must be thoroughly read and signed. Parents and Guardians must sign a waiver for children 17 years old and younger. You may print one out now or wait until you arrive at your ride where you will be given one to sign.
- All horseback riders must be (7) seven years of age to qualify for the regular horseback rides. Please don’t ask us to fudge on a child’s age no matter the experience level. The Pony Ride for Kids Experience allows for children 2 yrs. and older.
- Only one rider per horse. No packing or doubling is allowed.
- Bodyweight for horseback rides must not exceed 240 lbs., 220 lbs. for advanced riders
- All riders must abide by the trail guide’s instructions. Do not leave the position you were assigned in the ride lineup. Horses will sometimes vie for position, so please control them as instructed.
- Any purposeful attempt to run, trot or take a different turn will result in disqualification of your ride. You will be instructed to dismount.
- Helmets are considered personal protective equipment. It is highly recommended that all persons wear a helmet, ATSM/SEI approved on all horseback rides. Adults 18 years and older may choose to opt-out of wearing a helmet.
- Riders 17 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet.
- Backpacks and large jackets are not allowed on the horseback rides. A small pack is on your saddle that fits a small water bottle or camera.
- Off-Road Experiences are for passengers 5 years and older. Planter’s Experience allows for all ages.
- No pregnant riders will be permitted to ride.
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed. If a guest shows up intoxicated they will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the tour.
- Check-in time is 30 minutes before scheduled ride time. Please allow ample time to reach us.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we feel would put our horses, other riders, or themselves in danger.
- Please remember that gratuities are not included in your tour price.
- We tour rain or shine. In the event we cancel a tour due to unsafe conditions, a full refund will be issued.
- If a customer wants to cancel due to weather, no refund will be given.
- Two rider minimum. If this minimum is not met, we will contact you to reschedule. You may choose to pay an additional $25 to make it a private ride.
- If you are not at check-in at least 15 minutes before your ride time, you will be considered a no-show and no refund will be available.
- We will reschedule rides based on availability. Rides that cannot be rescheduled will receive a full refund.
- You will have 24 hours before your tour time to reschedule in order to receive a full refund.
Less than 24 hours and up to 2 hours before tour time:
2 hours before tour time or less:
- No refund will be available. Guests may reschedule with an additional (of the price paid) as a rebooking fee.
- Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Feel free to use the map on our site to ensure you find the right location.
- Please give yourself an additional 15 min due to traffic and construction.