Uncover the wild side of you with an exciting complete package self-guided kayaking discovery in one of Oahu’s most beautiful beaches - the Kailua Beach!
This trip includes roundtrip transportation from major Waikiki hotels. Upon booking, the exact time and location will be included in your voucher. You can also drive by yourself if you want to look around on your way to the check-in area. So, what should you bring? Like other Kailua Beach Adventures’ tours, you will get wet in this activity so you should bring a bathing suit. A camera is also a must if you want to document your trip, taking pictures of every stunning view you will pass through. Using a reef-safe sunscreen is strongly encouraged, for the protection of the ocean and its living species. Other essentials you may bring include towels, dry clothes to change after your trip, sunglasses, and foot wear with straps.
The northern side is called the Mokulua Nui or Moku Nui, with a maximum peak of 225 feet (69 m), whereas the smaller one in the southern part is called Mokulua Iki or Moku Iki, where you can find a rocky coral beach on its western side. Your visit here is so rewarding because you can do several activities, including a short hike for 20-25 minutes to reach the gorgeous Queen’s Bath. The tropical scenery surrounding these twin islands is stunning that you can’t help but to capture it. You can also snorkel, swim, look for green sea turtles here, or simply savor the moment, relax, and feel the calm environment. You might even encounter a baby seal sunbathing, rock crabs, or rainbow runners.
You will also eat your lunch in one of the islands here. Then after four hours out in the sea, you will paddle back at the check-in area where you can use their shower facilities and change into something dry.
- Self-guided kayak exploration in Kailua Bay
- Paddle to several offshore islands of your choice
- Visit seabird sanctuaries
- Swim and snorkel in turquoise blue waters
- Spot green sea turtles and other marine life
- Transportation from and to Waikiki
- All kayak and safety gear, including life jackets, dry bags, and island landing permits
- Use of secure lockers for your valuables
- Mouthwatering lunch
- Free beach parking
- Pick-up time: Begins at 7:30 am
Check-in time: 9:15 am (130 Kailua Road, Kailua Beach Adventures Beachside Center)
Return to Waikiki: Around 3:30 pm
- Restrictions: Every participant must know how to swim. Nobody who can’t swim is allowed to join the tour. No refund is allowed in this case as per the cancellation policy.
Minimum age of participant: 8 years old (8 to 18-year old guests must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian). 16 years old and under must ride a double kayak, accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
- Participants need to transport their kayaks to/from the beach through a cart (5-10 minute-walk).
- Operations: Monday to Saturday
- Duration: 5 hours of guided Oahu kayaking + exploration
Equipment: One or two-person Ocean Kayak™ or Spectrum Kayak™ with Comfort Pro Kayak Seat™