More than just a popular surfer slang, Hang Loose is a renowned tour operator that offers exciting water activities in Big Island.
Hang Loose Boat Tours’ Kealakekua Bay Snorkel Tour utilizes a high-powered 37-foot catamaran, which guarantees a smooth and safe ride to your destination. With its comfortable seats and spacious viewing decks, you get great views of the stunning Kona Coast waters and shoreline during the 16-mile boat cruise to Kealakekua! Prepare to catch sight of sea caves, playful sea creatures going above the water’s surface, and many other Big Island gems—truly a magnificent way to kickstart your ocean adventure!
After that sightseeing cruise, which will also be accompanied by the fascinating stories and history shared by the expert staff and crew, it’s time for some more sightseeing, but this time, down under! Once you have geared up into the proper snorkeling equipment and have listened to the crew’s pre-dive briefing and safety reminders, snorkelers will then get into the water and enjoy the breathtaking underwater sights that Kealakekua Bay is very much known for. Below the crystal clear waters are vibrant coral reef formations and a wide variety of marine life, making up the most beautiful underwater world. The experience and the scenes below the water’s surface will leave you awestruck, that’s for sure!
- Go on a sightseeing cruise along the scenic Kona Coast (a 16-mile boat ride to the snorkeling location)
- Enjoy the views of the shoreline, the turquoise waters, sea caves, and historical areas such as Captain Cook’s Monument
- Learn about Hawaiian’s rich culture and history as shared by the expert staff and crew
- Go on a guided snorkeling tour at Kealakekua Bay, a top-rated snorkel destination in Hawaii
- Get an up close encounter with a wide variety of sea life, including tropical reef fish, sea turtles, dolphins, and other marine organisms, many of which are endemic to Hawaii
Hang Loose Boat Tours’ Kealakekua Bay Snorkel Tour is inclusive of the following:
- High quality flotation devices and snorkeling equipment (snorkel, fins, mask; prescription masks are available as well) *
- Light refreshments (granola bars, chips, fruit juices, ginger ale, and water)
* A disposable underwater camera is also available but for purchase at $15. Price is subject to change without prior notice.
- Check-in time is 8:00 AM. Make sure to check in early as the tour will depart promptly at 8:30 AM.
- Check in at Honokohau Marina – North Boat Ramp, located at 74-425 Kealakehe Pkwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. Look for the Hang Loose sign/boat for check-in.
- The following are the requirements and restrictions to join this tour:
- Children must at least be 2 years old to join.
- Maximum age is 65 years old. Guests who are older may still join, provided that Hang Loose Boat Tours gives its approval prior to participation. Kindly communicate with the staff before making your reservation.
- Guests must be in good health, be able to climb a short ladder, and are comfortable swimming in open waters (for snorkelers).
- This tour is not recommended for those with back or neck problems, those who have had recent serious injuries and surgeries, and those with heart problems and other serious medical conditions.
- Pregnant women are also discouraged from joining.
- Tour schedule is subject to change, depending on the water and weather conditions on your tour day.
- This tour operates daily, except on certain days and holidays (like the Ironman Championship).
- Tour duration is approximately 4 hours. Tour is set to return to Honokohau Harbor at around 12:30 to 1:00 in the afternoon.
- This tour can accommodate up to 24 passengers. However, Hang Loose Boat Tours reserves the right to change the tour capacity in light of the COVID-19 safety protocols in place during your scheduled tour.