Only staying on Oahu for your Hawaii vacation?
Fly off for the day to the Big Island for a Hawaii volcano adventure! This tour includes roundtrip transportation from Waikiki hotels, the flight to and from Hilo on the Big Island and a tour centered around seeing Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano House for breakfast (breakfast not included in tour price
- Kilauea Visitors Center – stop for the latest park info and exhibits
- Steam vents – ground water seeps into volcanic rock
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House, it has been remarkably changed since the recent 2018 eruption
- Chain of Craters Road – enjoy the scenic drive and keep a look out for the sections that were covered by lava in the 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – views of 3,000 feet wide Kilauea Iki Crater
- Devastation Trail – cinder outfall of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – view lava fields that covered this ancient village
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Visitor Center
- Akaka Falls – plummets 442 feet into a stream-eroded gorge
- Rainbow Falls – rainbows often form in the mist
- Drive by King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Drive along scenic Banyan Drive – lush vegetation along the Hilo coastline
- Liliuokalani Gardens – renowned for its lush Japanese gardens
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach – beach with spring-fed tidepools
- Where and When:
- Roundtrip transportation from your Waikiki hotel is included. This tour departs Waikiki at approximately 5:00 am and returns to Waikiki at approximately 9:00 pm.
Please refer to your confirmation email for final pick-up time and location. Flight schedules change frequently.
If checking in at the airport please meet the Polynesian Adventure Representative upstairs at the Hawaiian Airlines departure Lobby 3 no later than 5:30 am.
Due to stringent airline requirements there is a NO CANCELLATION/NO REFUND policy for this tour. This includes name and date changes.
For all island flights or day trips, the NAME ON TICKET MUST APPEAR AS IT IS ON PICTURE ID (license or passport). The airline will deny boarding if the passenger’s legal name, as shown on their valid, government-issued ID, does NOT match the name on their E-Ticket. IF A PASSENGER IS DENIED BOARDING, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. All passengers MUST present government issued photo ID for airline check-in. International travelers must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Children 2 years old are required to pay for the airfare and ride in the lap of an adult in the vehicle. Children 1 and under still require birth date and full name.
Occasionally certain sections of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park will be closed to visitors when Kilauea volcano is emitting high levels of dangerous gas. Volcanic fumes are hazardous. Also, for people with respiratory or heart problems, pregnant women, infants and young children, a visit to the park is not recommended. The route may be modified due to National Park advisories. No guaranteed sighting of active lava flows.
The airlines are adding surcharges for some dates that are close to selling out. Please call us at 1-866-482-9775 if you would like to check if there is a surcharge for your travel date.
- Operation Days:
- Operates; Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Approximately 16 hours
- Hawaiian Airlines & Polynesian Adventure Tour Bus