Aptly named by Captain Zodiac, this midday tour package’s time slot and duration promise the ultimate ocean adventure experience.
Similar to Captain Zodiac’s other tour offerings, the “Beat the Crowd” Hawaii Snorkeling Tour departs from Honokohau Harbor. From this check-in point, you and your tour group will leave at 10:00 in the morning via a 24-foot Zodiac raft, which will then take you to the lovely Kealakekua Bay. As you arrive at Kealakekua around noon, all the morning tours have already left, so the place becomes more intimate and uncrowded upon your arrival. Captain Zodiac in this tour, thus, delivers and gets to beat the crowds, all for your utmost comfort and enjoyment!
Kealakekua Bay is a marine preserve and one of the best areas on the island for snorkeling, and also the chosen destination for this tour. Guaranteeing spectacular views above and below the water’s surface, Kealakekua will unquestionably be one of your favorite memories in Big Island.
Captain Zodiac’s “Beat the Crowd” Hawaii Snorkeling Tour returns at around 3:00 in the afternoon, which is just the perfect time to head back to home base. You get to savor the warm weather and breeze on the ride back, and still have time to enjoy the sunset on the shore thereafter. Truly, this midday tour package offers a great deal and is a must-try when travelling to Big Island!
- Enjoy a midday snorkeling tour that totals to five full hours of tour time, giving you more time to snorkel and explore Kealakekua underwater
- Go on a rafting tour along Kona Coast’s scenic shoreline via a US Coast Guard-certified and inspected raft
- Get up close views of lava tubes, sea caves, archways, and many more Big Island hidden gems
- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of Kealakekua Bay, a marine preserve that is home to a wide variety of marine life
Captain Zodiac’s Raft and Snorkel Adventure is inclusive of the following:
- High quality snorkeling equipment (silicone masks, fins, float boards, vests, and Rx masks for those who might need graded snorkel masks)
- A comprehensive pre-dive snorkeling instruction and safety briefing, facilitated by Captain Zodiac’s expert crew
- A light deli-style lunch with fresh pineapple slices, chips, cookies, and an assortment of non-alcoholic beverages *
* To minimize human impact on Hawaii’s seas, Captain Zodiac does not provide bottled water on the trip. Reusable water bottles are encouraged, and water fill-up stations are available at the check-in office and on the boat.
- Check-in time is 9:45 AM. Make sure to check in early as the tour will depart promptly at 10:00 in the morning.
- This tour departs from Honokohau Harbor. Look for the HONOKOHAU MARINA sign on the highway and the mall after turning to Kealakehe Parkway. Captain Zodiac’s check-in office is inside said mall.
- The following are the requirements and restrictions in joining this tour:
- Children must at least be 4 years old to participate.
- Pregnant women are not allowed in this tour.
- As the ride on the raft is usually bumpy and bouncy, those with neck and back problems are also discouraged from joining.
- As mentioned above, this tour includes the use of life vests, snorkels, and masks. Guests, however, are free to bring their own gear.
- This tour operates daily except Wednesdays. However, there may be instances that the tour will not be available on other days, if a cruise ship is visiting Kona on the day of your tour day.
- Tour duration is approximately 5 hours. Tour is scheduled to return at around 3:00 in the afternoon.
- The raft can accommodate up to 16 passengers, but Captain Zodiac reserves the right to limit the guests per tour in light of the safety protocols in place given the circumstances brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.